Re: [Tinycc-devel] Some feedback

From: Daniel P. Stasinski
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Some feedback
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 21:16:14 -0700

On 9/1/05, Marcelo Jimenez <address@hidden> wrote:
> Daniel, did you see the patch I wrote about exec-shield? I have FC4
> and -run does not segfault. Try as root:

Ok, I have an idea.  Please tell me if it's a bad idea but it will get
the -run option to work regardless of exec-shield.  I tested it with a
quick dirty proof of concept hack.

Make it a compile time option that rather than exec the code by
jumping to it in memory, instead write it to a tmp file, execlp() it,
delete the tmp file and return the status.

It works for me.

Daniel