Re: [Tinycc-devel] bytecode

From: Evan Langlois
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] bytecode
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:13:10 -0500

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 07:42 +0800, Hanzac Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Will somebody write a target of TCC to output Java bytecode or CL
> bytecode? I think that will be cool for the TCC.

Cool?

Sure! Forget about bugs, performance, portability, or any of the more
pressing issues someone could work on.  While we're at it, lets target a
Parrot VM too, and that TAOS thing that Amiga was working on - now that
would be even more cool!

You gotta love modern computing.  C code being compiled to bytecode to
be interpretted by a massive bulky virtual machine written in C ... and
the benefit is ... portability between architectures?  .. with all the
other problems of C and none of the benefits of other languages