Re: [Tinycc-devel] Problems compiling with Glibc 2.4.4 (FC5)

From: Dave Dodge
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Problems compiling with Glibc 2.4.4 (FC5)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:55:35 -0400

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 05:51:04PM +0200, Axel Liljencrantz wrote:
> /usr/include/bits/pthreadtypes.h:69: identifier expected

> 65: typedef union
> 66: {
> 67:   char __size[__SIZEOF_PTHREAD_MUTEXATTR_T];
> 68:   long int __align;
> 69: } pthread_mutexattr_t;

A quick guess would be that the identifier pthread_mutexattr_t is
being used somewhere else for some other purpose and is confusing tcc.

Things to try:

  - Run "gcc -E" on the same piece of code in order to see what the
    preprocessing is doing.  This might not be exactly the same as
    what tcc does, but you should be able to find the above bit of
    code in the output and at least make sure that 1) it still looks
    sensible; and 2) pthread_mutexattr_t hasn't been defined earlier.

  - Search through /usr/include for pthread_mutexattr_t to see if any
    other files define it.  The closest I've got to FC5 is a RHEL 4
    system, and it has two different versions of pthreadtypes.h with
    conflicting typedefs (depending on which threading implementation
    you're using, I think).

                                                  -Dave Dodge