Re: [Tinycc-devel] Bug

From: Sumesh KS
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Bug
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:45:05 +0530

Thanks for Information,
I'm getting an Error message like "C compliler is not found it searching C compiler like GCC" (This message is short).
Please Help me. My Ubuntu Ver. 6.10.
Thanks for Helping...

On 7/11/06, PerfectDark <address@hidden> wrote:
>I download TCC. How i install this on my Ubuntu Linux. Can i install this on
>my Windows Machine. and i want to details about Compiling and Running C
>program on Linux.
>

>I studied C in DOS Enivorment and I used Turboc C IDE for typing , compiling
>and Running.
>

>Please Help Me.

Just `./configure' and `make' sources on Linux. Under windows you may build it under mingw32 (I met problem, when tried compiling tcc under cygwin - that problem isnt hard, but needs in little headache ;) ). Also maybe you'd apply something patches on tcc (to fix bug with anonymous struct/unions, bug with unicode under win32, bug with long long constant initialization - fixed yesterday(Thank you, Ben!:)), bug with `__fastcall' and maybe some forgotten others).
Using tcc is a very similar to using gcc.
For examle: tcc -c file.c -o file.o; tcc file1.o file2.o libxxx.a -o file_bin

May be you know that tcc is not fully ANSI compliant - because it does not correctly handle strays in some cases, and incorrectlly handle some preprocessor definitions. But I don't think that these problems are very serious.