Re: [Tinycc-devel] New maintainer

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] New maintainer
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 15:10:27 -0400

On Friday 08 September 2006 4:06 am, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone interested in maintaining tcc can write to me. Then I can give
> him CVS write access.

Interest yes, time no.  (I'm already BusyBox maintainer and that one project
is more than I have time for.)

I want to point Garrett at this (the uClibc++ maintainer, that's a small
enough project it doesn't take up all his time, and he's previously expressed
interest in poking at tcc) but he's out of town for the weekend.

Will there be any kind of transition/handoff?  (Will you have time to answer
the new maintainer's questions?  Perhaps you a lieutenant, somebody to merge
patches and answer questions on the list, who can grow into the position of
maintainer in a few months?  That's how I wound up with BusyBox.  Whoever the
new guy is won't have all the answers immediately...)

What is the current state of CVS relative to the last release?  Browsing cvs
web interface the last commit I see was 6 months ago, but the last release
was a year ago...

Rob