Re: [Tinycc-devel] performances test

From: bertie
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] performances test
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:02:36 +0200

> Your comparaison is biased because your "Hello World" program is too
> simple so too short in execution time.
The intend is not to compare languages performances, but loading time
(something to take in consideration for responsiveness applications).
This is why it is indeed simple.
Compare a given algorithm on several languages would be a waste of time, as
only its implementation would be compared: we all know a given algorithm
won't be implementted the same way by different programmers therefore produce
different execution times, thus useless to compare. The hello world is the
only type of app that can truly compare what can be compared for all
compilers/interpreters.

Regards,
Bert