Re: [Tinycc-devel] Development/patches - subversion repository

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Development/patches - subversion repository
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:19:53 -0400

On Thursday 07 September 2006 12:17 pm, Nick wrote:
> I would like to try to kick-start things again.

I'm all for it.

> I have set up a subversion repository:
> http://tcc.forgelink.com/svn
>
> The last release (0.9.23) can be found here:
> svn co http://tcc.forgelink.com/svn/releases/0.9.23/tcc
>
> The top of trunk can be found here:
> svn co http://tcc.forgelink.com/svn/trunk/tcc

I've been spoiled by BusyBox's infrastructure for this, ala:

http://busybox.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/busybox/
http://busybox.net/subversion.html
http://busybox.net/downloads/patches/recent.html

How do I go about seeing what recent changes have gone into your svn?  Is
there any way to do an anonymous checkout, perhaps?  Did you integrate any of
the patches in Dave Dodge's list
at "http://www.dododge.net/tcc/patches.html";?  Did you see the new ARM EABI
patch that floated across the list today?

By the way, I'm happy to host tcc on Morris (the BusyBox/uClibc server) if
that would help get better infrastructure in place.  (I saw where Fabrice
offered to hand off the CVS archive, but it's still CVS, which I haven't got
installed on my laptop and would rather not.  Morris has svn, mailing lists,
web pages, cgi tying all three together, shell accounts, and lots of
bandwidth and disk space.  I'm also playing around with mercurial, which is
pretty cool.)

Alas, I dunno anybody who could maintain it.  The two people I poked who I
consider capable (Garrett and Bernhard) are both too busy with other things.
If a maintainer shows up, there's space on Morris for them.  (I confirmed it
with Erik Anderson...)

> Hopefully we can breathe some life back into TCC :-)

Breathing life back into it doesn't seem to be the problem, this week's list
traffic has been just fine.  Focusing things so there's one point to the
wedge is the problem; who is collecting patches and where do I get a current
version to test?

Yours is the closest I've seen so far, but I haven't figure out how access it
yet, and would prefer a maintainer with a last name. :)

> Nick

Rob