[Tinycc-devel] Arguments eval order

From: Philippe Ribet
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Arguments eval order
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:56:51 +0200

Hello every tcc lovers,

tcc and gcc have different behaviour for arguments evaluation order (for function or procedure call). gcc evaluates arguments in reverse order (from the last one to the first one) tcc evaluates arguments in source code order (from the first one to the last one)
C language does not specify evaluation order, optimiser are free to change.

I can see three situations:
- we keep current tcc behaviour unchaged. This is allowed, but may break some -bad- code running fine with gcc with very hard to find bugs.
- we change to gcc behaviour to increase gcc compatibility.
- we change to gcc behaviour and add a flag for "in order" arguments evaluation. This option may help to find buggy code who depends on evaluation order.

Any comments?

--
Philippe Ribet

                        The README file said
             "Requires Windows 95, NT 4.0, or better."
                   So... I installed it on Linux!