Re: [Tinycc-devel] conditional compilation?gcc or tcc compile without ch

From: Ivo
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] conditional compilation?gcc or tcc compile without change in source code
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 12:36:58 +0200

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 12:21, bj wrote:
> hey does anyone know how to make a c source code conditionally compile in
> MinGW or tcc?
> that is.
> if i compile the C source code with tcc, it will declare some variables.
> and if i compile the C source code with MinGW, it won't declare those
> variables.
> thanks in advance

You can probably do something like this in a Makefile:

.c.o:
        if test -z "`sed -e '/COMPILE_ME_WITH_GCC/!d' $<`" ; then \
                gcc -c -o $@ $< ; \
        else \
                tcc -c -o $@ $< ; \
        fi

And then put /* COMPILE_ME_WITH_GCC */ in those files you want to compile
with gcc. The others will be compiled with tcc This is untested, I might
have missed a ; somewhere, but this is the general idea.

--Ivo