[Tinycc-devel] Merging patches...

From: Rob Landley
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Merging patches...
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 00:32:39 -0400

So I copied the cvs repository to mercurial, and I'm merging patches into my
copy of it.  Anybody bored enough who has mercurial can get it from:
  hg clone http-static://landley.net/code/tinycc
Or grab the random tarball from:
  http://landley.net/code/tinycc/tinycc-snapshot.tbz
(Which has a .hg directory with the complete repository history if you'd like
to use mercurial, and just delete it if you don't and you have the source
code.  Wheee.)

No, I'm not "maintaining" it.  I'm just merging patches and sharing the
result.  I don't really understand this codebase, I'm still burned out after
what happened with BusyBox, I have absolutely no interest in windows support,
and I'm not planning on getting sucked into another time-sink like that again
just now anyway.

But the great thing about mercurial is _anybody_ can put up a tree, and the
people managing various trees can pull from each other just like git.  So
maybe if I collect together a bit somebody will fork off a better one.

Anyway, starting from the current cvs, I've added two patches so far, starting
with this year-old fix for the "invalid relocation" thing (which _I_ was
hitting, so I cared):
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2005-09/msg00051.html

I've also added Daniel Glockner's recent fix for invalid floating point code,
and I'm currently looking at the ARM EABI thing and thinking about dredging
back up my qemu-based ARM test environment.  Maybe in the morning.

I'm also currently squinting at:
http://www.dododge.net/tcc/patches.html

(If the list wasn't so adamantly set up against cc:ing people, I'd cc: David
Dodge on this message and ask him whether the first patch in that list is
sufficient considering is_compatible_types() can recurse when looking at a
pointer but the flag to ignore "const" gets stripped off by the wrapper
function so it only applies at the top level...  I'm still slightly fuzzy on
the exact problem it's solving though, and avoid use of "const" in my own
programs anyway.)

There is much boggling going on.  I have _no_ idea what I'm doing.  Oh well.

Rob