Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC and Fedora Core 5

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC and Fedora Core 5
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:37:38 -0400

On Friday 27 October 2006 10:34 am, Fred Weigel wrote:
> Folks
>
> I recently migrated to FC5, and am bring over my environment. I had some
> issues with TCC, but have been able to "beat it into shape". I am not
> familiar with CVS and the normal dev process, but I figured I may as
> well post the findings here.
>
> There are a number of issues with Fedora Core 5 and TCC.
>
> 1 - /usr/include/bits/pthreadtypes.h" line 69
>
> This error occurs because an anonymous union is being used (gcc
> extension). Name the union, and the problem goes away. Change "};" to "}
> __FMGW_PATCH_TCC;". If desired, I can patch TCC to support anonymous
> unions, but this is probably better left to someone else.

I've bumped into this myself.

> 2 - Linker in TCC: libc.so in FC5 uses "AS_NEEDED", which is not
> supported by TCC. In tccelf.c, function tcc_load_ldscript() change the
> filename loading clause (INPUT or GROUP) to:

I added an old fix for that from the mailing list to my fork
(http://landley.net/code/tcc).  I'm not working on that any more because it's
out of sync with cvs, but you can get a mercurial repository from that
directory (with static-http://) that gives you all the individual broken out
patches I collected.

> 3 - TCC cannot use the "-run". The created code cannot be executed by
> default in the FC5 environment. I don't have a fix for this, because I
> use it as a compiler only (not a script engine).

My fork had that fixed too.  There should be a snapshot tarball in that
directory if you don't like mercurial.

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery