Re: [Tinycc-devel] How to generate the assembly code in tcc

From: Daniel Glöckner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] How to generate the assembly code in tcc
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:54:12 +0100

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 02:28:17AM -0800, Srinivasan Subha wrote:
> Hi,
>         I want to implement a register allocation
> algorithm.

TinyCC is not prepared for sophisticated register allocation algorithms.
Registers are written back to memory after every statement.

> Please let me know
> 1. Which module/file deals with register allocation.

tcc.c: from function save_reg() down to function gv2()

> 2. How to generate assembly program in tcc.

You don't.
The i386 and ARM targets use a function o() to write the opcodes as they
appear in the binary. Use objdump -d if you need assembly output.

  Daniel