Re: [Tinycc-devel] How do I push unsigned with vpushi()?

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] How do I push unsigned with vpushi()?
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:25:02 -0500

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 1:56 pm, Geert Janssen wrote:
> Dear Rob,
>
> Are you the tcc maintainer?

Dunno.  Ask Fabrice.

I maintain my own mercurial repository, which I converted from the CVS
repository back on October 7th (at which point CVS hadn't been touched since
February).  I've applied a couple dozen patches to it since then, and have at
least a dozen more todo items I should make time for.

However, on October 16th and 18th, Fabrice showed up after a long absence and
committed some stuff to the old CVS repository (in both cases, variants of
patches I think I'd already committed to my repository, the -E thing and
stuff from Dave Dodge's patch list), which took most of the wind out of my
sails.

This put my mercurial repository in an awkward position, as a clearly
unofficial branch.  If Fabrice showed any desire to take an interest in the
project again, I wasn't going to stand in his way, so I stopped actively
working on my version at that point.  Went on to focus on other things
(toybox and firmware linux, mostly).

However, it's now been about 4 months since Fabrice's last commit, and he
hasn't even tried to catch up with my tree.  I'm still not puting much time
into it, and I really haven't properly come up to speed on most of the tcc
internals, but I've been bookmarking various tcc patches as I find them and
I'm slowly working my way through the backlog.

So all I can say right now is I maintain _my_ version.  I merge patches and
try to respond to bug reports.

I'm not planning a release (unless somebody really wants one), I have several
other demands on my time, I really don't understand the internals of the
program half as well as I'd like, and I haven't currently got the three solid
months to dedicate to coming up to speed to my satisfaction.

I doubt this answers your question.  I think I'm maintaining a fork.

> If so, I stumbled on some problems too.

Sure, I'm all ears.

> tcc had trouble with the struct tags being
> used at nested scope levels.

Do you have a code snippet that can reproduce the problem?

> Also, I have a program that compiles and runs
> fine on multiple architectures but with tcc
> is simply hangs.

Again, got something I can reproduce?  (If I can reproduce it, I'll at least
_try_ to fix it, if somebody reminds me often enough. :)

A couple weeks back somebody sent me a program that segfaults tcc during the
compile.  Looking into that is on my short-term todo list (at
http://landley.net/notes.html).

> Geert

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery