[Tinycc-devel] Any program including <stdlib.h> fails in Ubuntu >= 6.06

From: Pedro A ARANDA
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Any program including <stdlib.h> fails in Ubuntu >= 6.06
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 17:31:15 +0000

Hi folks,

I have detected this quirk in Ubuntu (doesn't happen in Debian testing, though).
Whenever I include <stdlib.h> I get the same message

address@hidden:~/bin$ tcc -run runfor.c
In file included from runfor.c:2:
In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:438:
In file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:270:
/usr/include/bits/pthreadtypes.h:69: identifier expected

This is when compiling this code:

typedef union
{
 struct __pthread_mutex_s
 {
   int __lock;
   unsigned int __count;
   int __owner;
   /* KIND must stay at this position in the structure to maintain
      binary compatibility.  */
   int __kind;
   unsigned int __nusers;
   __extension__ union
   {
     int __spins;
     __pthread_slist_t __list;
   };      <<< exacly here
 } __data;
 char __size[__SIZEOF_PTHREAD_MUTEX_T];
 long int __align;
} pthread_mutex_t;

I was thinking about downloading recent tcc source, with debian/* if possible, to generate the package locally and see whether newer packages stop screaming.

Any pointers?

Thx

Pedro A. Aranda