Re: [Tinycc-devel] Patch: Permit certain pointer assignments (grischka-2

From: David A. Wheeler
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Patch: Permit certain pointer assignments (grischka-2005-09-25 case_7)
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 15:20:38 -0400 (EDT)

Dave Dodge said:
> Strange; I still get the warning in 4.1.1.

Hmm, now I'm getting the warning message too.  Very weird, and I don't have the
test case any more.  Sigh; I can only suspect that I had a typo in my test
case, my apologies.

But that's an even better argument for the simple "warn always", which is what
the patch does.
It also accepts code that's hideous (and probably shouldn't accept), but I
think it's better to accept-with-warning than fail to accept existing programs.

--- David A. Wheeler