Re: [Tinycc-devel] Merged Bellard's additions?

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Merged Bellard's additions?
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 13:56:22 -0400

On Sunday 06 May 2007 10:47 pm, David A. Wheeler wrote:
> Sorry folks; that was intended to be a private message to Rob Landley.
>
> Rob: I'd still like to know :-).

I have not.  I've been poked about it, and added it to my todo list, but
hadn't gotten around to it.  (Mostly I was expecting somebody would complain
if the -E I merged didn't work somehow, and meanwhile reading the rest of the
code so I had some context in which to see what a -E should do.)

The problem is that navigating the CVS repository's actually quite hard.
There's no "show me the last checkin to this repository" option because CVS
doesn't think in terms of the repository.  Every file is unique and
unconnected.  So I have to look at every single file and try to figure out
the groupings.

I think the relevant bits are just to tcc.h:

http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/tinycc/libtcc.h?root=tinycc&r1=1.8&r2=1.9

and tcc.c:

http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/tinycc/tcc.c?root=tinycc&r1=1.179&r2=1.180

But if there's anything else, how do I find it?  (Luckily the repository's
dead enough I can ignore files that haven't been touched since before this
change, but how did anyone ever use cvs on an active repository?)

Ok, visited both of the above links, clicked the checkbox at the bottom, saved
the resulting files, concatenated them, got the CVS patch.

Also went to my repository:
  http://landley.net/hg/tinycc?cs=669544355046;style=raw

And got that patch.  Now I can compare the suckers.

I hate CVS.

Both patches attached.  I've got a meeting at one but I'll give it a whack
this evening.  (AND get back to the strigify thing, which turns out to be
somewhat nontrivial, of course...)

Rob