Re: [Tinycc-devel] Linker problem

From: Vincent Pit
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Linker problem
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 11:34:28 +0200

Philippe Ribet a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I just downloaded the latest mercurial repository and I still get the
> very same problem as described here:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2007-02/msg00041.html
>
> The problem occurs with atexit and some other functions. My system is
> Debian/etch.
>
> This message appears many times:
> /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a: '__i686.get_pc_thunk.bx' defined twice
>

> Here is the code I'm unable to compile:
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <stdlib.h>
>
> void finish() {
>  printf("The end...\n");
> }
> int main()
> {
>  atexit(finish);
>  printf("Hello World\n");
>  return 0;
> }
>
> Does someone have any idea?
>
> Thanks for any help,

Hello,

This is related to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2007-04/msg00003.html and
the very recent
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2007-05/msg00057.html.
This problem happens because tcc doesn't handle visibility attributes. I
submitted a patch in the first of those links.

Regards,

Vincent Pit.