Re: [Tinycc-devel] Proposal for handling alloca(). Anyone see a problem

From: Philippe Ribet
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Proposal for handling alloca(). Anyone see a problem with it?
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 20:08:52 +0200

David A. Wheeler wrote:

Philippe Ribet:
I'm sorry to ask this question so late, but I still didn't understood how
alloca *could* work on the stack with single pass compiler... I'm asking from a
pure theorical point of view.

On function entry, local variable space is allocated for ALL local values by
tcc, including all of variables in the subblocks (transitively).

It's clear now. Thanks for your detailed answer.

--
Philippe Ribet

                        The README file said
             "Requires Windows 95, NT 4.0, or better."
                   So... I installed it on Linux!