Re: [Tinycc-devel] alloca for tcc (x86) - second cut

From: Daniel Glöckner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] alloca for tcc (x86) - second cut
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 13:20:34 +0200

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 12:56:03AM -0400, David A. Wheeler wrote:
> Rob Landley:
> > Last I checked, tcc could also produce arm output.  I take it this is going
> > need an arm version of the .S file?  (This goes in... libtcc?)

> I'm not planning to write the ARM code, but once the x86 code is working it
> shouldn't be hard to add by someone who wants it.

The libtcc1 for ARM on my homepage (which got linked in several older
mails to the list) included an alloca right from the beginning.
But the ARM EABI version needs an alloca that aligns to 8 bytes instead
of 4. Here it is:

alloca:
        sub r0,sp,r0
        bic r0,r0,#7
        mov sp,r0
        mov pc,lr

This one is actually 4 bytes shorter than the one on my homepage :-)

  Daniel