[Tinycc-devel] bounds checking bug?

From: kf
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] bounds checking bug?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:36:43 +0300

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem with free() with bounds checking turned
on. Below is a small program that reproduces the problem. The program
runs just fine if I don't use -b flag. My system is FC5. I'm using Rob
Landley's tinycc-rl-1.0.0.tar.bz2 release.

Here is the transcript:

$ cat t.c
#include <stdlib.h>

int     main (int argc, char **argv)
{
       char    * s;
       size_t  n = 1000000;

       s = malloc (n);
       if (!s) { printf("Failed\n"); exit (1); }
       free (s);

       return 0;
}
$ tcc -b t.c; a.out
Segmentation fault
$ gdb a.out
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.122rh)
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host
libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) r
Starting program: /home/kf/a.out
Reading symbols from shared object read from target memory...done.
Loaded system supplied DSO at 0x9e5000

0x08048c50 in __bound_delete_region ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x08048c50 in __bound_delete_region ()
#1  0x08048d66 in __bound_free ()
#2  0x001783d3 in ?? ()
#3  0x00259008 in ?? ()
#4  0x08048429 in main ()

What's going on? Is it me, my system or tcc -b goofing up something?