Re: [Tinycc-devel] alloca for tcc (x86) - v3

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] alloca for tcc (x86) - v3
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 00:20:47 -0400

On Wednesday 09 May 2007 9:22 pm, David A. Wheeler wrote:
> Here's "version 3" of my alloca patch.
>
> As Rob requested, the amount of padding is now configurable.  I only made it
> configurable in the sense that it's now an easily-edited constant at the
> beginning of the file; you still need to assemble it to make it take effect.
> I don't think we need anything more than that.  I made alignment
> configurable the same way.
>
> If the biggest thing Rob and I argue about is alloca padding, things are
> going really well :-).

I still think having a whole second "bound" version is kind of disgusting, but
I'm a bit biased because I don't use the "bound" stuff at all (and consider
_that_ the kind of complexity that tcc probably shouldn't do), but oh well.

I moved all the i386 specific files into an "i386" subdirectory.  I'll
probably make an arm one at some point, but not right now.  This was just so
the clutter of two more x86 specific files didn't get added to the top
directory. :)

I'm not exactly happy with the patch, but it's certainly better than not
having it, and I can't think how to improve it, so:

Applied.

Rob