Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc stringize patch

From: Harald van Dijk
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc stringize patch
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 08:24:41 +0200

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 12:31:06AM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Monday 07 May 2007 8:33 pm, Harald van Dijk wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here's a patch to handle spacing during stringizing.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Why does this file touch Makefile?

During testing I would frequently have tcctest.ref fail, and make would
then think test.ref was correctly created on the next run, as it existed
and was newer than tcctest.ref. It's really a separate problem, though.

> 2) Hunk #38 FAILED at 8490.
>
> I can't find "preprocess_out" anywhere in the current codebase.  Your patch
> uses it, but doesn't define it.

It's a macro defined in tcc.h used by print_defines. It's possible you
got rid of print_defines, in which case that hunk is safe to ignore.
It's present in tinycc-rl-1.0.0 though; print_defines and
preprocess_out aren't something I came up with. :-)