Re: [Tinycc-devel] kill(pid, sig) in windows

From: Kenneth Forsbäck
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] kill(pid, sig) in windows
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:43:07 +0300

hmm...yes, I thought so too, what I always found on the net was that in
windows it always just kills the process, you can't really send any
other signals between processes.

The beauty about signals is that they behave like interrupts, I can send
a signal to a process, and it will automatically handle it using a
signal handler, I don't have to do any polling which can become quite
troublesome.

Well then, as there is no way to use signals on windows, except if I use
cygwin, what would be the best way to go about it then, maybe named pipes?

I'm not really an expert in programming, only basic knowledge, so I'm
kind of stumbling forward (^_^) and any help is really appreciated...not
to mention that linux/unix just seems easier than windows in terms of
programming.

Yuck, although the code for a simple named pipe server/client looks
really awful, too troublesome, might just go with environment variables
instead, although then I again have to deal with constant polling...T_T