Re: [Tinycc-devel] Unknown assembler directive '.lcomm'

From: Conrado Miranda
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Unknown assembler directive '.lcomm'
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:07:11 -0300

Rob, I was wondering about what you said.
So I got the asm.c file at http://landley.net/code/tinycc/bugs . I tried to compile but I got an error: asm.c:5: unknown opcode 'xorl'.
Because of that, I tried to split the asm.c file (asm.c and asm.s), putting the funtion in a assembly file and compiling both with tcc. It worked as it should (as embedded asm compiled with gcc).
I haven't studied the code of tcc yet, so I can't help you providing bugs, but you said that "the assembler in tcc is pretty simple, and has some gaps". It isn't true, just with embedded asm. The tcc assembler work very well, as you can see if you try what I did :D
Cya man

(Sorry about the english =//)