Re: [Tinycc-devel] Returned mail: see transcript for details

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Returned mail: see transcript for details
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 20:13:13 -0400

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 7:27 am, Rainer Machne wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>

> Rob Landley wrote:
>  > address@hidden:~/tinycc/tinycc$ tcc -L. libtcc_test.c -ltcc1
>
> This also doesn't work for me, although I get different errors:
>
>  > tcc -L. libtcc_test.c -ltcc1
> tcc: file '/usr/lib32/crt1.o' not found
> tcc: file '/usr/lib32/crti.o' not found

Sigh.  -L is supposed to add a library, not replace the existing ones.
(Ummm...  lib32?  You're running it on x86-64?)

> In file included from libtcc_test.c:6:
> In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:438:
> In file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:270:
> /usr/include/bits/pthreadtypes.h:69: identifier expected
>
> However, gcc does it, when I also link to ?dynamic linker/loader? with
> -ldl and not to libtcc1 but to libtcc with
>
>  > gcc -L. libtcc_test.c -ldl -ltcc

I thought the point of the libc.so linker script was to link
to -ldl "AS_NEEDED".  What distro are you using?

> If my address still doesn't work for you, you could CC it to "a9404947
> ... unet.univie.ac.at" and "rainer.machne ... univie.ac.at" (with ...
> replaced by @), but that is the same email server.

And the attempts I made to send to that bounced too.

>  However, as I get all
> your other emails to the list, I think it might have been some temporary
> bug in their email filter. ??

You get emails sent by the list's email server because that's coming from a
different IP address.  You don't get anything sent to your email server from
my email server because the IP address my mail server is on changed last year
(when it went from DSL to FIOS), and the new IP address was apparently at one
point dynamically handed out by an ISP for DHCP.  This has not been the case
since it was moved to FIOS use, and it's not _my_ problem to convince your
mail server that I'm _not_ a spammer.

Filtering by mailserver's IP address does not reliably work.  It generates
significant false positives.  My response to these false positives is "oh
well, I didn't have anything of burning importance to say to you anyway, I'm
going to go off and do other things".  If your mail server sticks its fingers
in its ears when I speak in an attempt to shield you from spam I'm not
sending, this is not my problem.

Rob