Re: [Tinycc-devel] inlined alloca()

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] inlined alloca()
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 02:00:18 -0400

On Thursday 17 May 2007 12:38 pm, Zdenek Pavlas wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I've seen the recently submitted alloca() code and wondered: Why not use
> tcc's inline asm?

I'm open to seeing a sample implementation.  What did you have in mind?

> - much simpler and probably slightly faster.

Right now alloca's being treated as a library function rather than special
cased.  The arm implementation is pretty simple (don't think I've merged that
yet, though).

> - bound checking is still probably broken (no __bound_delete_region
> called).  I'd rather drop it completely for now.

So would I, to be honest.  But then I don't use it...

> - alloca(4096+) may have issues on PE target.

I don't do Windows.  If somebody who does wants to test it or submit a patch,
I'll merge it on faith (as long as it doesnt' impact Linux), but I can't test
any of that stuff.

Rob