[Tinycc-devel] strange error

From: Michael Huss
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] strange error
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 00:46:31 -0400

I am using Gentoo Linux, with the latest version of portage and the
portage tree, and I just installed tcc today. I have used it before in
binary-based distros, but never here. I am getting a strange error now,
no matter what I try to compile:

address@hidden ~ $ tcc hello-world.c
/usr/lib/crtn.o: Invalid relocation entry

I was hoping I could use tcc as my C compiler for portage, so it woud
emerge many times faster, but first I have to know that it is actually
working. I can mess with my CC variable and break stuff later.;-D

P.S. It would be nice if people could meet on IRC to talk about things
like this in the future. I will be in #tcc on irc.freenode.org if
anybody wants to join me.