Re: [Tinycc-devel] differences.html

From: Peter Lund
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] differences.html
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:34:35 +0200

On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 01:40 -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> So I started a list of differences between tcc and gcc.  (Not just unfixed
> bugs but things that are likely to remain different.)
>
> http://landley.net/code/tinycc/differences.html

Evaluating arguments in the order of last to first would allow more
broken programs to work.  I'm thinking of programs that don't specify
proper prototypes for functions with a variable number of arguments.

Other differences just off the top of my head:

command-line parameters, dependency generation (spitting out the names
of the include files transitively included in a compilation unit,
possibly minus system headers), I think the handling of extra include
file directories was rather different last I looked, some differences in
the handling of typedefs and structs especially in the face of forward
declarations and incomplete types.

-Peter