Re: [Tinycc-devel] cygwin build

From: Gregg Reynolds
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] cygwin build
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:59:32 -0500

On 8/28/07, Rob Landley <address@hidden> wrote:
> I just yanked the ucontext.h include.  Let me know when you've got a patch for
> the other two...

Ok, I have a patch, but it's a bit more ambitious.  I have:

  * stripped Makefile and configure to the bare minimum necessary to
make it go on cygwin

  * revamped the install stuff to conform with gnu standards.  Put
tcc-specific headers (stddef.h, etc) in PREFIX/lib/tcc/include.
They're private to tcc, so they don't belong in the user-visible
include directories.  This might require some tweaking of tcc to look
there first; I haven't tested this out yet, just set up the structure.
 This is how gcc does it on cygwin; I had a hell of a time finding
stddef.h.  This is part of the larger portability issue of tcc's
relation to various c std libs, to be addressed in a separate message.

  * migrated feature tests from bcheck.c to a new file, platform.h,
that gets included in config.h.  Specifically, the stuff involving
CONFIG_TCC_MALLOC_HOOKS.  I changed that name to HAVE_MALLOC_HOOKS,
and test and set it in platform.h.

  * migrated feature tests for strtold etc from tcc.h to platform.h

  * migrated into platform.h conditional preproc code from tcc.h involving
     TCC_TARGET_I386
     CONFIG_TCC_BCHECK
     CONFIG_TCC_STATIC
     CONFIG_TCC_ASM
     TCC_TARGET_COFF

   and renamed CONFIG_TCC_BCHECK to HAVE_BCHECK (changes in tcc.c,
tccelf.c, tcctok.c, i386/i386gen.c, etc.)

I think the easiest thing to do might be for you to create branches
for each platform.  I've got tinycc-cygwin, tinycc-mingw, tinycc-obsd,
tinycc-osx, and tinycc-fbsd.  If I could clone those from your master
repository it might be easier to work with for testing and
experimenting.

Whaddya think?

-gregg