Re: [Tinycc-devel] MINGW compilation failure

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] MINGW compilation failure
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 17:24:49 -0500

On Monday 03 September 2007 5:25:42 am bifferos wrote:
> --- Rob Landley <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Friday 31 August 2007 12:08:07 pm Hanzac Chen wrote:
> > > Yes, it happens really, and it should use `int' instead of `DWORD'.
> >
> > Done.  Try -hg.
>
> Just tested it and it looks OK.
>
> > Getting about time to cut a new release, I suspect.  Any last minute bug
> > reports I should know about?
>
> I'm probably being picky, but perhaps remove compiler warnings (see
> attachment)?

Adds a lot of #ifdefs.  I'm not sure #ifdefs are an improvement over compiler
warnings.

> Also, VERSION says 0.9.23, but Changelog says 0.9.24 in -hg.

That's left over from Fabrice.

When I said "another release" I meant throwing another random tarball in
http://landley.net/code/tinycc/downloads/ so people have a known set of bugs.

> Finally, should this be called 0.9.24 at all since it's not an 'official'
> release?

No.  Neither was the previous one.

> Perhaps 0.9.24rl or 0.9.23rl would at least differentiate
> it?

or perhaps tinycc-rl-1.0.1. :)

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.