Re: [Tinycc-devel] MINGW compilation failure

From: bifferos
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] MINGW compilation failure
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 00:23:59 +0100 (BST)

--- Rob Landley <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Monday 03 September 2007 5:25:42 am bifferos wrote:

> Adds a lot of #ifdefs.  I'm not sure #ifdefs are an improvement over compiler
> warnings.

I agree that #ifdefs are evil, but it seemed pointless
refactoring for the sake of removing the compiler warnings.
This was how the original code was structured, so I was
only continuing with that.

> > Also, VERSION says 0.9.23, but Changelog says 0.9.24 in -hg.
>
> That's left over from Fabrice.

But if you don't change it the program will print out the same
thing as Fabrice's version when you run it.  You can then
work out who's running which version from the bug reports - have
fun.

> When I said "another release" I meant throwing another random tarball in
> http://landley.net/code/tinycc/downloads/ so people have a known set of bugs.
>
> > Finally, should this be called 0.9.24 at all since it's not an 'official'
> > release?
>
> No.  Neither was the previous one.
>
> > Perhaps 0.9.24rl or 0.9.23rl would at least differentiate
> > it?
>
> or perhaps tinycc-rl-1.0.1. :)

Infinitely preferable!

now.