Re: [Tinycc-devel] Local procedures

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Local procedures
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:53:11 -0500

On Tuesday 11 September 2007 6:24:53 am address@hidden wrote:
> What are the chances of tcc having support for local procedures sometime in
> the near future?

Ok, back to the original question, I think you're asking for this:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Nested-Functions.html

Which seems somewhere between an inline function and a macro.

And although I'm not averse to merging a patch for this, I'm not too
interested in doing the work myself at the moment because I'm focused on
getting tcc to compile existing programs (like busybox, uClibc, and the Linux
kernel).  I don't know of any existing programs that make use of this.  I'm
guessing you have an example? :)

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.