Re: [Tinycc-devel] Local procedures

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Local procedures
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 19:58:14 -0500

On Wednesday 12 September 2007 4:21:24 am address@hidden wrote:
> I've always been a hardcore supporter of C, and found Torvald's recent
> outlash against pissant C++ to be just awesome!

Really?  I missed that.  (Googles...)

Heh.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/57643/focus=57918
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/57983
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/57960

Gee, where have I heard this before?

http://www.penguicon.org/pipermail/penguicon-general/2007-May/003731.html

> Too often have I been harrassed just for favouring plain "old" C. Only a
> few improvements I'd like to see though, but ended up thinking it was
> better making it a separate language/dialect and leave plain C alone.
> Thought tcc would be quite useful for that (^_^)

I hope to make tcc more useful for that, but mostly C is a really nice, neat,
compact language that hit a sweet spot (it's the univeral assembly language)
and became a category killer.

http://catb.org/~esr/writings/taoup/html/ch14s04.html
http://catb.org/~esr/writings/taoup/html/ch04s03.html#c_thin_glue

Rob