Re: [Tinycc-devel] Buiding binutils 2.17 (needs dynamic arrays).

From: Erik_L_Nelson
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Buiding binutils 2.17 (needs dynamic arrays).
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 09:04:18 -0400

 Is Rob grumpy sometimes?  Yes.

Am I grumpy sometimes?  Without a doubt. (just ask my wife)

Do I appreciate Rob's contribution to tcc?  Absolutely.  This project (and mailing list) was left for dead for a long time.  Pretty much everyone interesting that I know (including myself) is opinionated and grumpy from time to time.  I'd much rather have a tcc with an active (and occasionally grumpy) list than a dead one.

Thanks to everyone who constructively contributes to tcc.  As Rob mentioned, he'd be happy to apply any patches to alloca() that anybody has.  That sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Erik L Nelson

Simon 'corecode' Schubert <address@hidden>
Sent by: address@hidden

10/04/2007 04:08 PM

Please respond to
address@hidden

address@hidden
cc
Subject

Rob Landley wrote:
> If you need to use gcc, you know where to find it.  If you want to improve
> alloca(), patches welcome.

Did it ever occur to you that you're behaving like a jerk?  Maybe even
like an unfriendly ignorant?  People on this list OBVIOUSLY are
interested in tcc and alternative compilers.  However it seems like you
are not interested in people contributing usefull input.  Actually I
think you should send your grumpy comments to yourself and leave this
list (alone).  Despite maintaining an unofficial tcc repo, you're
actually doing a much better job of scaring people away than to create
an atmosphere from which tcc would benefit.  So if you're interested in
tcc, you need to be open to the audience.  If you're interested in "your
tcc" (i.e. not interested in tcc), you should just stick to yourself.

cheers
simon