Re: [Tinycc-devel] Newer tinycc repository?

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Newer tinycc repository?
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 16:32:12 +0800

[sorry if this is sent twice, I'm in between switching e-mails]

Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
> 2007/10/27, Kein-Hong Man <address@hidden>:
>> Speaking as a lurker... Now that Mercurial isn't a do-or-die
>> requirement on the part of the maintainer, is it possible that the
>> tcc community go back to the official repository? David Wheeler
>> already has access to it. Lots of CVS/SVN users still get by...
>
> What's wrong with Mercurial?

The official repository is not Mercurial, I believe. There is no
reason to continue with another "fork" now, is there? Given a
choice of (1) starting another Mercurial repository of tcc or (2)
working with the official repository and aim for a 0.9.24 release,
as a fairly neutral bystander, I definitely prefer to see the
latter. It will also make the work of all the package maintainers
easier, no more ambiguity.

The bigger issue is not which repository to use, it is for someone
experienced to step up to lead and move the project forward and
stick to it for some time. Since tcc itself does not have any
religious issues to stop it from becoming a single entity again,
an inclusive stance would be nice. The lowest common denominator
is probably not sexy for some people, but it provides the lowest
barrier to participation.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)