Re: [Tinycc-devel] Newer tinycc repository?

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Newer tinycc repository?
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:07:45 +0800

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> KHMan wrote:
>> so for the third time, I'd say
>> that we now need someone to take some kind of lead...
>
> what for?  wikis also work without having somebody declared as "the
> leader".  why shouldn't this work for code as well?

Gee, more nitpicking. You *did* say there is a need for a "common
denominator". So, I assume there should be postings, talk, action
and eventually the list would *in* *theory* move towards some kind
of "common denominator" repository, right? And normally there are
some sort of owners, right, even for wikis? Not everybody is going
to get commit access, right? There will be person(s) to send
patches to, right? If there is a FLOSS project where commit access
is *totally* open like a wiki, please let me know, it would be an
interesting factoid to know.

How should I word things without more of this kind of pointless
nitpicking? There seem to be more landmines here than a WWII
minefield. Never mind, I have a really thick skin, and I will
indulge some of you guys for a while.

So -- how shall I say it -- "perhaps" someone might "declare" a
Mercurial host (or equivalent) open for business in the near
future, and maybe a wiki (or equivalent) as well. (I assume most
on the list is not keen on Nick's SVN repo.) These are all
community "action" items, and as far as I can tell, they all
require some level of commitment from someone, somewhere. I was
just wondering aloud when a commitment will appear. That's
reasonable, right?

That was all I was suggesting/wondering/hoping/pondering. Really.
Do lay off the Red Bull. :-)

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)