Re: [Tinycc-devel] Sample patch from Mercurial repository

From: Dave Dodge
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Sample patch from Mercurial repository
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 19:01:47 -0400

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 09:31:23AM -0600, Gregg Reynolds wrote:
> On 11/2/07, KHMan <address@hidden> wrote:
> > grischka wrote:
> > > Do you think it is possible and/or makes sense to extract all
> > > changesets from Rob's repo into single patches first, with an
> > > automatic script or something?
>
> In case you're not aware of it, check out Mercurial Queues
> (http://hgbook.red-bean.com/hgbookch12.html#x16-26500012) which might
> be helpful for this sort of thing.

Also see "quilt" (http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/quilt) if you
want to manage patches without Mercurial.  Quilt can be used with svn.

Mercurial Queues (mq) are basically just a direct reimplementation of
quilt, with several improvements because the patch stack and diffing
is integrated into the Mercurial revision history.  If you configure
mq to use git-format patches it can even properly track renames and
other corner cases via patch files.

At work I used to use svn+quilt for all of my development; now I use
mq instead and it's noticably nicer.

                                                  -Dave Dodge