Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC crashes on invalid structure reference

From: Marc Andre Tanner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC crashes on invalid structure reference
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 09:38:59 +0100

Mike wrote:
Its strange that you got that strange error, and I got
"[Program Error--title] tcc.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. [OK--button]". This is the generic program crash window.

Ok, here are more specifics on my computer (to recreate the solution). I have Windows 2000, SP4 plus other patches. I download and unpack "tcc-0.9.23.zip". Then I take the EXEs from the TCC folder and put them into the root of the "tcc-0.9.23" folder, so that TCC.EXE can find INCLUDE, LIB, etc.. I put crash.c into "tcc-0.9.23", then create a command window, CD to "tcc-0.9.23". Then, finally run "tcc crash.c" and I get the generic program crash window.

After looking in the event log, I find nothing added.

Try this version here it is more recent and contains some bugfixes.

  http://www.landley.net/hg/tinycc/archive/41841f0acc48.zip

Compile it with MinGW/MSYS ./configure && make && ./tcc crash.c

grischka, what is the state of the CVS sync?

Marc

--
 Marc Andre Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0