Re: [Tinycc-devel] mercurialtcc [TinyCC on Mercurial] accepted on ShareS

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] mercurialtcc [TinyCC on Mercurial] accepted on ShareSource
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:06:20 +0800

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> KHMan wrote:
>> Maintainers welcome, otherwise I will just act as a pull monkey or
>> a braindead commit monkey for now. I don't know enough to do QC or
>> judge patches. Please post patches to this list only and let
>> members of the list decide whether the patches are any good. Even
>> Rob, if he wants to participate, is very much welcome.
>
> Very cool!  You effort is appreciated!
>
> If would be nice if there was a possibility to create additional repos
> within the registered one, basically for everybody contributing one to
> push his local changes.  But maybe that's too much for now :)

This can actually be done, I think, with branches, as long as
there is no anonymous pushing. The ShareSource interface is pretty
basic for now, but that also made it possible to get one started
very quickly. And importing into the Mercurial repository is very
nice. Very nice. You know, someone should lobby to get git and hg
services on Google Code. That'll be heaven. :-)

AFAIK, Rob's tree has no branches, I checked the log. But for
anyone wishes to hack on tcc (or has been doing so for a while
now), I think having branches is a good idea. At least there is no
need to maintain one's own server. I'm all for it.

Would you like developer access? Just sign on as a ShareSource
member and drop me a note. Since this is supposed to be an
unofficial (and unstable) tree, I think we can be more permissive
in terms of developers' access. Create branches for experimental
work. The more redundancy the better. :-)

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)