Re: [Tinycc-devel] Using resource files with tcc. How do I do that?

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Using resource files with tcc. How do I do that?
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 12:22:51 +0800

Knut Flock wrote:
> Could you, or someone else, review these commands and tell me where I'm
> wrong?
> [code]
>     tcc -c -W1,--oformat,coff test.c
>     rc testRC.rc
>     link /out:test.exe test.o testRC.res
> [/code]
> link returns:
>     test.o : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file
>
> The tcc document page claims (if I understand right) that the tcc
> command switch -W1,--oformat,coff will create a format only targeting a
> specific CPU (TMS320C67xx) So it will not help me target a x86 based
> computer (even if coff is the default MS format)?

On a project with very limited resources like tcc, you should be
"using the source" first... and most developers are expected to be
able to handle significant problem-solving tasks on their own...

Please check with the sources, then ping the list. If checking the
sources is a problem, perhaps you shouldn't be using tcc at all...

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)