Re: [Tinycc-devel] Preprocess enter an endless loop when use macro with

From: Marc Andre Tanner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Preprocess enter an endless loop when use macro with line feed
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:34:19 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 09:15:12AM +0800, Feng Nauh wrote:
> for example:
>
> // lf_macro.c
> #define M(a,b) (a+b)
> int main() {
>     return M(1,
>                  2);
> }
>
> "tcc -E lf_macro.c", then tcc enter an endless loop; but compile is ok.

Yep, the problem seems to be that within tcc_preprocess parse_flags is
ORed with PARSE_FLAG_LINEFEED this causes an endless loop in
macro_subst_tok (line 3268) because next_nomacro will always set tok to
TOK_LINEFEED.

There is a debian bug report[1] with a similar porblem but the mentioned
patch looks a bit bogus to me. Attached is my workaround.

Marc

 Marc Andre Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0