Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: Attempt to create a host on ShareSource failed

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: Attempt to create a host on ShareSource failed
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:51:20 +0800

Rob Landley wrote:
> On Thursday 22 November 2007 10:02:56 Marc Andre Tanner wrote:
>> but of course IANAL.
> [snip snip]
>
> P.S.  I do note that this thread was about me and my new project already, but
> I don't plan to post any more to it.  If you're interested in my version,
> feel free to join the list for it.  Otherwise, have fun here and I'll leave
> you to it.

Thanks, Rob. Whatever the disagreements, it's nice of you to
provide a comprehensive exposition of your position. I for one
appreciate the posting.

So there is a GPL2 tinycc and a LGPL tcc. Let us recognize the
right of people to choose whichever version they feel they want to
use. All of us on this list should try to put out the fires if and
when they appear. A convenient link to Rob's posting is thus:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2007-11/msg00092.html

AFAIK, to clarify, people who contribute are free to contribute
knowledge and code to both projects. Code exclusively licensed to
GPL2 tinycc cannot go into LGPL tcc, while the reverse is
perfectly legal.

As the semi-reluctant braindead commit monkey for the hg tree of
tcc, personally I consider the episode over long ago and I look
forward to seeing tcc move forward. Anyway, I conclude with my
standard ad: Maintainer/owner positions for the hg repository open
for the taking... :-)

Happy coding to all,
--
Cheers,