Re: [Tinycc-devel] tiny_impdef.c raw file format on CVS is Windows forma

From: Hanzac Chen
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tiny_impdef.c raw file format on CVS is Windows format?
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 16:52:15 +0800

Hi,

On Dec 6, 2007 4:32 PM, KHMan wrote:
Please consider avoiding top-posting for discussions, it's easier
to follow things going from top down. Thanks.

Feng Nauh wrote:
> In hex mode, tiny_impdef.c has line feed as 0x0D 0x0D 0x0A.
> mixed by CR & CRLF.

Okay, I've got a similar report from Timovj Lahde.

Can you describe the version of cvs and platform you are using? If
you can troubleshoot the issue, better still.

Checkout was fine on Cygwin's CVS. I use the following CVS options
for checkout: -z6 -P -kb

Deleted the file and did checkout again. No problem with
tiny_impdef.c. Looked at it with a hex editor, seems fine. Got a
copy from Savannah through the web interface, looked at it with a
hex editor, seems fine.

If it's a CVSNT problem, then I can't really help troubleshoot, no
experience with it.
I think it's CVSNT problem, on Windows, the default setting is using DOS format. I believe the CVS client knows it's talking with the server on Unix and converts all the text files to DOS format. But if the text file on the server is DOS format, it will also do the conversion.

I'm by no means a CVS guru, just a braindead commit monkey, so if
anyone out there can help, please speak up.

HTH
Hanzac