Re: [Tinycc-devel] tiny_impdef.c raw file format on CVS is Windows forma

From: Philippe Ribet
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tiny_impdef.c raw file format on CVS is Windows format?
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 08:26:26 +0100

KHMan wrote:

Hanzac Chen wrote:
Hi,

On Dec 6, 2007 4:32 PM, KHMan wrote:
[snip]

   If it's a CVSNT problem, then I can't really help troubleshoot, no
   experience with it.

I think it's CVSNT problem, on Windows, the default setting is using DOS
format. I believe the CVS client knows it's talking with the server on
Unix and converts all the text files to DOS format. But if the text file
on the server is DOS format, it will also do the conversion.

I guess line ending conversion needs to be 'smart', otherwise --
disaster. Thanks for the report.

May be a policy could be defined? For example, all files could be in unix style in the repository. It's up to the windows tools to convert them (if needed) in windows style when downloaded. In fact, many windows tools will be able to understand unix style, which means conversion or no conversion will be no problem.

Hope it helps,

--

            Philippe Ribet

SmartEiffel: