Re: [Tinycc-devel] tiny_impdef.c raw file format on CVS is Windows forma

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tiny_impdef.c raw file format on CVS is Windows format?
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 01:00:49 +0800

Philippe Ribet wrote:
> Timovj Lahde wrote:

>>> My personal view: Like it or not, other CRLF files may enter the
>>> archive sometime in the future. If not for tcc, then for other
>>> projects where contributors work on different platforms. Setting
>>> policies is a waste of time; this project has no resources, none
>>> whatsoever, so let's not waste time on bureaucracy.
>>>
>> CVSNT.EXE co -kb option for binary mode keeps file unmodified.

IMHO, things 'should' be okay without -kb too, because if line
endings are recognized properly, you should still be able to work
with the ensuing CRLF text files. But it isn't, so it's a bug, and
tcc should not be in the business of documenting workarounds for
such basic tools. Anyway, this is getting OT.

> Of course, that's fine with me. So, instead of putting guidlines to cvs
> commiters,  "CVSNT.EXE co -kb" solution may be add in some README file
> or readme for cvs users.

I won't be patching the documentation on the Mercurial repository.
This is an elementary and general issue that has to do with CVS;
tcc should not maintain FAQ items dealing with CVS, let alone one
specific to CVSNT. Developers who aspire to use tcc should be able
to handle this issue with no problems whatsoever, or at least be
able to troubleshoot and solve the problem on their own.

HTH,
--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)