Re: [Tinycc-devel] hg: partial disable commit 496 (check for duplicate p

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] hg: partial disable commit 496 (check for duplicate parameter)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:24:44 +0800

Detlef Riekenberg wrote:
> This patch deactivates the detection of duplicate parameter and
> mercurialtcc can compile merucialtcc again.
>
> Does anyone has an idea for a real fix?
>
> Any comments about revert the complete commit?

Given the work grischka is doing on the cvs repo, it's going to be
hard to move forward and sync both trees cleanly with pretty
changesets anyway. The patch did work for a bunch of test cases,
so it might be counter-productive to be too ruthlessly strict on
patch quality. I did announce the hg repo as a totally unofficial
unstable tree, so I did not expect perfection and I think giving
the code a chance to evolve is more positive.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)