Re: [Tinycc-devel] Tinycc-devel

From: Daniel Glöckner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Tinycc-devel
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 01:05:07 +0100

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 08:53:21PM -0200, Manoel Teixeira wrote:
>  By the way,  I?ve compiled an old version using VS2005, generating code to
> ARM, running on Windows Mobile, and it's  almost 100%. The only problem is
> float.  The asm emitted is different of that generated by the MS. The one
> generate by TinyCC does not work. Is there some patch to that?

I implemented floating point by emitting coprocessor instructions.
But there are only few ARMs with hardware FPUs. The Linux kernel shipped
with my StrongArm PDA has a FPA-FPU emulator. On this system it was
necessary to use FPA instructions to be able to call library functions
that return floating point values.
Some time later I changed the code to support EABI Linux machines. I
expected these to have a VFP-FPU (or emulator). But the proper way to
implement floating point on EABI machines is to call the standardized
__aeabi_* library functions.
I didn't implement this yet because I was not shure if TinyCC can cope
with registers being able to contain integers and floating point values.
I don't think I will have time to do this part until I have finished my
thesis.

  Daniel