Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC built using NOSTDLIB crashes on linux

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC built using NOSTDLIB crashes on linux
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:23:49 +0800

Mike wrote:
> I was trying to compile TCC using the -nostdlib option.
>
> (Here's my command (which works))
> bash$ gcc -nostdlib -o tcc tcc.c /usr/lib/crt1.o /usr/lib/crti.o -ldl
> -lc -lgcc
> bash$
>
> (Here's my result (which is a crash))
> bash$ ./tcc qwert
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> bash$
>
> Do you get this same error?  What's the cause?
> (My system specs are Ubuntu 7.10, gcc 4.1.3)

Time out. I think you should adjust your expectations a little
bit. We are just a community list, and tcc has a severe lack of
developer resources. I don't think the list should be in the
business of providing tech support. People who dare to jump in and
try out tcc must at least have a fair bit of self-sufficiency.

Perhaps you can help us by diagnosing the problem (you can build
it, so would you like to try some debugging?) and give us a useful
lead so that one of the active developers on this list can issue a
patch with the minimum of fuss. You can also try Rob Landley's
fork and see if the same issue appears.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)