Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc-0.9.24 release soon

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc-0.9.24 release soon
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 17:52:54 +0800

Hanzac Chen wrote:
> Win32 binaries with Win32 Api definitely needed.
> The libtcc.a and libtcc.h for dynamically compilation.

Speaking as a list member, I'll all for more services for users,
but let's be realistic: I don't think this community has the
resources to maintain binary releases. We have postings with
hardly any replies. We are severely resource-constrained.

Note that nobody has responded to grischka's _actual_ topic of
discussion after over 48 hours. Can this community maintain and
support binary releases? Binary releases calls for certain
expectations from their uses.

IMHO, those who wish to utilize tcc actively should be challenged
to jump over this barrier of "getting the sources compiled". If
say P encounters a bug, at least P can help report or fix the bug
and refresh the sources via CVS or hg and then recompile.

Can someone can put forward a strong case for releasing regular
Win32 binaries?

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 5:37 AM, grischka wrote:
>
>     Should we make a release now?

Sure, why not? If you want to be conservative, perhaps mark or
announce or document it as an unstable release. Some movement is
always good. :-)

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)