Re: [Tinycc-devel] Release Candidate - please test

From: Detlef Riekenberg
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Release Candidate - please test
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 00:49:40 +0100

On Sa, 2008-03-08 at 22:52 +0100, grischka wrote:
> Here are the file that I propose for release:

I did not test the files yet, but I think that a regular release is much
better.

IMHO, the new tools should be usable in both environments
(win32 and unix) to allow tcc as drop-in for gcc and mingw.

Bugs, that forbid cross-compile are the shared include directory,
(On linux, the win32 includes must not be found) and the missing
startup-files for unix (We use the files from gcc)

More issues exist, but they should wait for tcc-0.9.25.
(AC_PATH_XTRA as example: the autotools check for X does not work )

I still plan to merge patches from tcc/cvs to tcc/hg, before i fix
outstanding issues, but the current patch-sets are hard to follow:
- make small and individual commits.
- send usable commit-logs on tcc-devel.

My vote to release "tcc-1.0.0", when wine (and / or the linux-kernel)
can be compiled and work.

Thanks.

--

By by ... Detlef